« January 2006 | Main | March 2006 »

February 28, 2006

0.3: Second beta released

I've put out a second beta version of QTM 0.3. This version allows the user to decide whether or not to save a password (in plain text) when saving an entry; it also encodes ampersands in link and image URLs inserted using the menu or toolbar actions; it does not do this, however, in regular text. The user must remember that ampersands will be recognised as uncompleted code by their blog server, and will cause it to fail. Ampersands must be entered as &

Downloads, as ever, are at Sourceforge.

In other news, Qt 4.1.1 has been released. Its text-editing performance is not as improved as I had hoped; it also adds significant user-interface bugs such as icons displaying on a black background, font sizes changing in the toolbar when the preview button is toggled. Mac users in particular might want to consider sticking with Qt 4.1.0 for the time being.

February 23, 2006

0.3: First beta released

I've just got out the first beta of QTM 0.3. Given that there's just me developing it and I've not had much feedback, the final 0.3 release is probably not that far away. What's changed since the last version is the addition of save and load, which is what separated the 28th Jan snapshot from the old 0.2.x releases that came out in 2004.

Downloads can be found at Sourceforge here. Any bugs can be reported at Sourceforge here.

Update 23rd Feb: Two bugs have come to light. One of those is that ampersands are not encoded in the submissions, as they should be, resulting in invalid submission faults in posts containing ampersands. This should be corrected, I hope, in the second beta. One person has also reported that his use of the program results in segmentation faults. I'm not sure what is causing this as it does not do this to me (I use Qt/Mac 4.1.0). There is also the issue of the slow Qt text-editing widget used for composing entries; I'm not sure what can be done about this, although the Qt 4.1.1 changelog lists "significantly improved performance when appending and editing text" among the changes.

February 8, 2006

Save implemented

Yesterday and today, I finally got the "save" functionality implemented, having adapted it from the old CVS code (catkin-0.3 on the CVS browser). Now, the only thing left to do is implement the open functionality, which shouldn't take that long, and when that's done, 0.3 release time is here!